Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Morning Light




1950's ivory tiered lace tea-length wedding dress with mini-train, waist 26".



Exquisite 1950's New-Look couture party dress, waist 26". 






An Xtabay exclusive: 1930's reproduction silk bias cut wedding gown, size 8-10.
 New arrivals in the Bridal Salon and in the main store. I am so excited to see so many high school girls coming in buying vintage prom dresses!
When I was a senior in high school my best friend Maggie and I wore vintage. The two of us headed downtown to Avalon ( a Portland vintage store that's been around forever but doesn't have a website I can link to) and picked out a couple of sexy little black dresses. They weren't so much prom dresses as Femme Fatale man-eater dresses. We both wore blood red lipstick and big black cat-eye sunglasses.  I remember my dress was from the late 40's and featured a sexy plunging illusion lace neckline...It was gorgeous and the kind of dress I would still wear today.
 We ended up appearing on the cover of the school newspaper posing in front of her late 70's Volvo under the headline "STAG and in STYLE".Makes me laugh today...We didn't have dates senior year, but we had a lot of fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment