Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bridal Salon Update: New-Old Stock 60's Couture Wedding Gowns



















Audrey as Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady from 1964.
I am excited to present a small collection of new-old stock high-end wedding gowns from the 1960's. Some of them came from the now defunct Priscilla of Boston, which in it's hey-day created the finest couture quality wedding gowns in the United States. They all date from the mid 1960's and have a sense of regality that reminds me of Audrey Hepburn when she appears as the newly transformed Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady.
The gowns still have their original price tags--some cost as much as 475. in the 1960's.. That was a lot to spend on a dress in those days!
If interested in trying them on--they are all around a size 4-6, call us at 503-234-7568 and schedule an appointment in the bridal salon.



2 comments:

  1. These gowns are GORGEOUS and I love the "My Fair Lady" feel to these. If I were you guys I would have the hardest time giving these away! hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection of vintage wedding dresses are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete